Andrew Halfhide is our candidate in Deepings West and Rural.
'As your Conservative councillor, I will work hard to try and ensure that this area gets a higher and fairer share of funding for the key areas of local infrastructure, Highways, Education, Policing and all areas of Social care. As we are now working together as a community to emerge from the spectre of the Covid Pandemic, our infrastructure must improve to meet the needs of a re-emergence of this area as a thriving, beautiful place to live, play and work.
- Our schools and teachers need supporting more than ever to help our children and grandchildren rise up stronger than ever to fulfil their potential.
- Our outstanding local social care will need even more support to recover and maintain the important place they hold in the lives of us and our loved ones.
- Our local Deepings Library will need ever more help and support to carry on its fantastic work.
- Our local policing needs better funding to provide higher numbers of visible officers to the community
- Our Highways system is often neglected and in need of better funding from Lincolnshire and I will work to improve that on your behalf. I will also be seeking to drive a strong case for projects like the bridge for Tallington level crossing which has been long sought after and affects many residents and businesses in this area. I will work hard with LCC to try and secure a large part of the levelling up funding which could see up to £50m for projects involving highways made available.
- Our local leisure facilities are improving rapidly, both with infrastructure and major developments with sports groups. I will continue to work with those involved to further improve our local offering.
I hope you will be able to support me, allowing me to work hard on your behalf to secure the best deal possible for the area from the County Council and provide the best opportunity for this area and our children and grandchildren to flourish and fulfil their potential.'